On October 21st, the unique Multi Purpose DP-1 Support Vessel ‘Zwerver III’ is launched at Scheepswerf Gebr. Kooiman BV. The vessel is especially designed for supporting Wind farm-/Renewable Energy-, Offshore installation- and dredging projects.
HvS Dredging Support BV is responsible for the design and the vessel is further developed, in our close cooperation, by Scheepswerf Gebr. Kooiman BV Zwijndrecht, who is also the constructor of the vessel.
The vessel enters a new class of “Support Vessels”, which makes her able to compete with larger AHTS/Supply-/Support vessels in the market worldwide.
This design includes many specific features which are not introduced before on this kind of Support Vessels. These features make her perfectly suitable for the “Renewable Energy Market”:
- Dimensions: 35 m x 15 m
- Powerful Bollard Pull of over 50 Tons
- A minimum shallow draught of 2.70 m
- Accommodation on board for more than 12 persons
- 2 Large Anchor-handling/towing winches of 100 and 200 Tons pull capacity
- 2 Knuckle-boom cranes of 370 Tm with a reach of 20 m
- 3 Tugger winches of 15 T pull
- New unique feature: the hydraulic operated bow-door which protects deck cargo against flushing of the decks in rough weather; a serious problem that occurs frequently in today’s market support vessels
Kooiman BV Gebr. Scheepswerf en Machinefabriek